Wednesday 20 December 2017

Gifted- The Contemporary Craft & Design Fair 2017

Last week Lost Forest attended 'Gifted- The Contemporary Craft & Design Fair' in Dublin's RDS. The hugely popular national event showcases the best in Irish design and craft, allowing small businesses to sell and interact with new and old customers. 

It was my second time exhibiting at the show, and I was excited to show lots of unique sparkly treasures to the world. I was also delighted to have one of my pieces chosen for the 'Selected Gifts' display with the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland. 'My Wild Irish Heart' was exhibited amongst other Irish designers in the main hall. A little proud moment for me!

My stand design was slightly different to the previous year, and required a re-think due to a dual entrance. On the night of set-up we were limited for time, so we created a design that we thought best utilised the space. However, the next morning (after a sleepless night of procrastinations), we decided to create a new and improved layout. The 'Lost Forest' wall was moved to partially cover one entrance, and to protect the side of the till. The two tables sat next to each other in one corner, creating a little shop space that made it easier to greet and chat with customers. I was finally happy with the end result, and my little shop was open for business.

The show was a great success, and it was so heartwarming to see the twinkle in people'e eye when their gaze encountered my work. To have the opportunity to explain my process and inspirations was also a real treat, as I'm normally hidden away in the studio for most of the year. 

After a busy show, and a very busy week in the Lost Forest shop, it's definitely time for some relaxation, movies, cuddles with Billie the furbaby and my fiancĂ©, and of course plenty of chocolate. It's nearly Christmas after all, and calories don't count at Christmas!











No comments:

Post a Comment