Saturday 1 July 2017

Lost Forest arrives at the Design Loft

Lost Forest is now available to purchase at the Design Loft in the stunningly beautiful Powerscourt Estate. It is a great privilege to showcase my work in such an esteemed shop and location. 

Powerscourt is a place I've visited since I was a young child and it holds an abundance of happy memories. It's still a regular escape for me away from the studio, and the spectacular formal gardens always boost my creative inspirations. Now Lost Forest sits at home in these sumptuous surroundings, tempting and enchanting passing visitors to this magical place. 

The Design Loft lies upstairs in Powerscourt House and is a little treasure trove of Irish craft and design; rotating artists every few months to allow everyone a chance to present their products and passions to the world. 

Over the last few weeks, I've been very busy preparing all my stock for the 1st of July deadline: boxing, stamping, polishing, pricing, painting and even some building. My wonderful and creative dad built my stepped display stand, which we painted in my signature duck egg blue to match the Puddle Plate display box. I also included natural elements into the arrangement, such as cut wooden stumps from my boyfriend's farm, and mosses, shells and wild grasses making the nature theme more emphatic and reinforcing that all the inclusions within the resin are real and picked straight from the Irish landscape. 

I was extremely happy and proud of the result; a very unique display for a very unique product. So, of course we had to mark the occasion in the sunny garden cafe with some early morning celebratory carrot cake and a frothy mug of coffee. A job well done. I'll be at the Design Loft until August.












No comments:

Post a Comment